Welcome Anonymous !

Alpha Squad US TeamSpeak Viewer

Finished but untested

Announce your upcoming projects and discuss them or ask for help in here.

Finished but untested

Postby West|HOR| » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:16 am

I have two missions finished (beta really)

I need so people to help test them. I need not be there. It needs to be a multiplayer with more than one player.

Just let me know if there is anything that is bugged or needs to be changed.

This mission is designed for a bunch of people to play a once - I'll try to design smaller mission too.

Co_20_TIN_MEN.Sara.pbo

PS: must I show the entire link address?
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West|HOR|

Re: Finished but untested

Postby West|HOR| » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:06 pm

No Problem:  This is where the mission PBO files go for multiplayer

G:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\MPMissions

Edit: I just found out that there is no ending. The trigger was set wrong, so if you finish the last objective you've done it. I'll be changing the download to the fixed version.

Edit: I put the wrong file in there. That was an old version, you must download the new to get a working game. Sorry.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West|HOR|

Postby Robalo_AS » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:48 pm

Thanks West, I updated it on the server.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby West|HOR| » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:43 pm

Still had issues - the mission is using global commands wrong. I didn't know this until we played the mission on the server. Once I find out how to fix this problem I make a post in the help with scripts section on what went wrong and how to get around the problem.

Edit:I may have found the work around, please redownload and put it on the server. I don't have access to my own server yet so it's the only way I can test server missions.

I think the server will be the only one ejecting parachutes this time in stead of every computer dropping a parachute for each man in the heli. Should fix the multiple bomb drops by the airforce.

note: this version won't play right with a single player, only on a server. If your playing on your own computer only  just keep the other version.

Edit: Great news, it works now. I'm going to upload the new file use the link above to download again. but it's only playable on a server and will be on the server Robalo has set up so I guess nobody will download it but I'll do it anyway. 
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
West|HOR|

Postby Robalo_AS » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:27 pm

It's up. You can now attach .pbo files to your posts if they're < 1MB.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby West|HOR| » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:42 pm

We played the mission to the end. Let me say that it was fun but not for everyone. It seems that people who died early and often found themselves in bird mode for a long time. They didn't find that fun I think.

When building a mission it's hard to come up with the right balance of mission length. Also the way in which you place enemy can have an undesired effect. sometimes they are just hard to find and kill. Or they come in from an area where there is a lot of cover. They are real good at shooting from wooded areas.

This mission has taught me to not have a bunch of clear the town objectives, one at most. They can take forever if the enemy won't show themselves.  In GR we don't normally look to clear every enemy, so why do if for AA.

I'll be altering the mission to reflect this. From here on I'll be puting my missions in the WORKING ON section as it seems to take a long time to get them right.
West|HOR|

Return to Missions - Work in Progress

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts