Welcome Anonymous !

Alpha Squad US TeamSpeak Viewer

SIX Updater

General discussion about ARMA, the OFP successor.

Re: SIX Updater

Postby Splint » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:56 pm

Is there some solution to playing on other servers that use YAS? Obviously when I update with YAS to play on other servers files are overwritten. What is the procedure to updating with SU after playing on other servers that use YAS. Rob and I went thru it once but I can't remember what we did. Should I have another istallation and point yas to it? I'm not sure that would work well without major pains. Maybe updating back and forth with YAS and SU is best.
Splint

Postby Robalo_AS » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:06 am

Splint_AS wrote:Is there some solution to playing on other servers that use YAS? Obviously when I update with YAS to play on other servers files are overwritten. What is the procedure to updating with SU after playing on other servers that use YAS. Rob and I went thru it once but I can't remember what we did. Should I have another istallation and point yas to it? I'm not sure that would work well without major pains. Maybe updating back and forth with YAS and SU is best.

There is a simple solution: create a folder in your Arma main and configure it as the server mod path like in the attached picture.
Before updating, you should move the @TAS* folders into the one you just created and also make a copy of the @ACE* folders in there.
From this point on, SixUpdater will update our mods and ACE in the server mod folder so it will not touch ACE from main. And of course it will automatically load them from that location when joining our servers.
Attachments
servermodpath.png
(161.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:14 am

your picture doesn't show your drive, My SU mod path F\A2CO\@AlphaSquad
do you have a drive named @AlphaSquad?
Splint

Postby Robalo_AS » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:11 am

Splint_AS wrote:your picture doesn't show your drive, My SU mod path F\A2CO\@AlphaSquad
do you have a drive named @AlphaSquad?

You just need the choose a folder (directory) name. In my case it's @AlphaSquad. Guess you need to read my post again.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:30 pm

I did exactly as you said. But to choose my folder "@AlphaSqud" in my arma main (root) I have to browse to it after clicking on the "server mods path" tab, and it shows the full path to the folder in the column after browsing to it. Maybe it will show only the folder after I update. Acre should be in that folder as well?
Last edited by Splint on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Splint

Postby Robalo_AS » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Splint_AS wrote:I did exactly as you said. But to choose my folder "@AlphaSqud" in my arma main (root) I have to browse to it after clicking on the "server mods path" tab, and it shows the full path to the folder in the column after browsing to it. Maybe it will show only the folder after I update..not sure. I'm not going to update until I know what I'm doing is correct.

The folder will not magically appear in there. You must create it, name it whatever you like and then select it in the server mods path column. Hope this clears it up.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:00 pm

in the "server mod path" box in SU, this is what is in it, F:\A2CO\@AlphaSquad
Splint

Postby Robalo_AS » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:57 pm

OK, I just realized that using the browse for folder in there adds the full path.
I did not know because I clicked cancel on that browse window until I had a cursor and just typed the folder name in that column directly.
I guess the full path works just fine. It's in fact really useful if you want to put those on a separate drive (RAM, SSD etc.)
Just remember to put the ACE* and TAS* folders in there before updating so you don't download everything again.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:37 am

So SU will also update whatever is not that folder also. I'm really trying to get my head wrapped around how SU will know to update other folders that are'nt in the AS/folder
Splint

Postby Robalo_AS » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:52 am

Only server specific mods go into the server mods path folder. In our case, the ACE and AS mods. The rest are updated as usual.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:17 am

Same thing as last time Rob, no difference, used YAS to play at UO. Updated w/SU and ACE and server files are yellow, unchecked autoskip updated and all files are yellow. I'll keep mashing buttons until something changes or until I can speak with you via TS.
edit#17
When I join, got a bunch of acex files not signed in the @AlphaSquad folder but everything is green in SU now.
Somehow I have created a dynamic 21, 21 being the number of folders in dynamic. I don't know wtf it's doing but at least it's doing.
If I wasn't in a really really good mood. I would be in a bad one.
edit#77
Skinny wrinkled hairnuts! I'm gluing my mouse to my mouse pad and sending Sickboy a thank you note! ;46
edit#2.2.4.7.989796
I got rid of all that server mod path bullsh!y and guess what?

I can join the server
Thats to bad cause I'm updating at YAS and goin to play at UO
What? ;banana
Splint

Postby Robalo_AS » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Please don't place entire screens of empty space in the middle of your post.

Well, can't say that I haven't tried, but no matter what, you have a special talent of making the trivial tasks seem hard and the easy ones impossible.
I can set you up if we meet on TS these days.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 am

Ya, that seems to be my specialty(sad face) but one of these days it will change and all(everyone) will be so happy they will be giddy. Your continued patience and willingness to help baffles me. Thanks a lot Rob
Splint

Postby wombat50 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Well, can't say that I haven't tried, but no matter what, you have a special talent of making the trivial tasks seem hard and the easy ones impossible.

I have a special talent for doing that!!
I hope to join this week and I too appreciate the patience all of you have shown.
wombat50

Postby Dodger+SD » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:46 am

when I start the game I get 2 errors:
1- Addon 'ace_c_men_gear' requires addon 'ace_sys_ruck"
2- bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.ACE_ParachuteRoundPack

My ACE box is yellow, I resync and update again and still yellow. In the message box I have several errors that all loook like this:

RuntimeError 7zip unpack error: 2 - while running: 7z x -y "I:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 servermods\@ACE\.rsync\.pack\addons\ace_sys_aitalk.pbo.gz" from I:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA 2/servermods/@ACE/addons
Output:
7-Zip 9.20 Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov 2010-11-18

Any Ideas?
Dodger+SD

PreviousNext

Return to ARMA :: Main Forum

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts