Welcome Anonymous !

Alpha Squad US TeamSpeak Viewer

SIX Updater

General discussion about ARMA, the OFP successor.

Re: SIX Updater

Postby Robalo_AS » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Grunt_AS wrote:Hmm...this almost sounds like a complete Arma2 reinstall to me if the registry items are not correct.

No! With Steam, every time you do a local cache integrity check, it removes the registry entries. All you need to do to restore them is to launch Arma2 CO from Steam once.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Grunt_AS » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Ok...cool...cuz I know I have done the local cache thing several times in the last couple of months.
Grunt_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:27 am

Grunt_AS wrote:Hmm...this almost sounds like a complete Arma2 reinstall to me if the registry items are not correct.

Just try launching the game from within Steam once. That should fix the registry entries.
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Grunt_AS » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:55 am

Here is the error report.....

SixUpdater Console has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: sixupdater.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4d52c375
Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.Dynamic
Problem Signature 05: 1.1.0.10
Problem Signature 06: 4d39b606
Problem Signature 07: 11b9
Problem Signature 08: 24
Problem Signature 09: System.MissingMethodException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Grunt_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Grunt_AS » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:15 am

Ok...I uninstalled it again...and started from scratch. First I ran Arma from steam and it seemed to find the game alright. Created preset to EU2 and ran convert and saved. Seemed to work fine...without errors. As per the next instruction I ran update/install and it commenced to download the @Island folders...ie thrisk etc......is that necessary??? Anyways I gonna leave it run as it is time for bed and I do not want to watch it download the entire known Arma2 universe.... ;1784
Grunt_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Sickboy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:43 am

Thanks but that error information is of no help, please as requested supply the log files;
http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Upda ... og%20files
Sickboy

Postby Robalo_AS » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:22 pm

Grunt_AS wrote:Ok...I uninstalled it again...and started from scratch. First I ran Arma from steam and it seemed to find the game alright. Created preset to EU2 and ran convert and saved. Seemed to work fine...without errors. As per the next instruction I ran update/install and it commenced to download the @Island folders...ie thrisk etc......is that necessary??? Anyways I gonna leave it run as it is time for bed and I do not want to watch it download the entire known Arma2 universe.... ;1784

Yes the initial download will take a while, especially the maps are big, but it sounds like you got it working. Too bad there seem to be only 2 US mirrors and they're busy most of the time. I had excellent speeds from the one starting with 64. when updating ACE on US1 and when SU could connect to that mirror.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Grunt_AS » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Frakkkk......I am still not working right. I managed to make all the folders green in the list but something is still not right with the world. Errored again while trying to upgate userconfigs and get ACE2 errors when I try to connect to the servers and so I get booted. Sigh..... :-\
Grunt_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Robalo_AS » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:59 pm

I'll hang on TS tonight, poke me when you can and I'll provide support for anyone's updating issues.

EDIT: there was indeed an issue with the automatic processing of the ACE userconfigs which SB has just fixed in latest updater.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Grunt_AS » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Copy that... I will login tonite and get this squared away.
Grunt_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:59 am

Questions: When I reinstall do I lose all the data that six aquired at my initial or last install?
So six has an auto self updater? but it's reccomended to reinstall from Milestone Releases? I'm not sure where Milestone Releases is, but I found version 2.1 rc_1 @ http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+download from monday feb. 14.
My version says 2.1 so i guess it self updated. I guess I'm a little confused. Is the suggested reinstall to avoid some bug issue with the self updater?
Splint

Postby Robalo_AS » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:14 am

Splint_AS wrote:Questions: When I reinstall do I lose all the data that six aquired at my initial or last install?

The mods are installed as usual as subfolders of the main Arma dir. You can safely uninstall/reinstall SU, your mods will not be touched by that.

Splint_AS wrote:So six has an auto self updater? but it's reccomended to reinstall from Milestone Releases? I'm not sure where Milestone Releases is, but I found version 2.1 rc_1 @ http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+download from monday feb. 14.
My version says 2.1 so i guess it self updated. I guess I'm a little confused. Is the suggested reinstall to avoid some bug issue with the self updater?

Just install the latest version from the link in first post and let it auto-update.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Grunt_AS » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks for the help last night Rob. Got it working properly AND did some killin....well they did end up shaggin me but it was fun while it lasted... :)
Grunt_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Robalo_AS » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Updating ACE tonight and making any required changes for it in TASM.
Tips of the day:

1. If you suddenly see the TASM mods blue (as in new, full mod download), go to options and empty the ServerModsPath option. If you updated some mods at least once, they should show yellow when need updating or green when up-to-date already.

2. Whenever you update the beta, remember to launch "JayArmaLib" from ModApps to have the required dlls copied there. If you ACRE is not working, you probably forgot this step.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby wombat50 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:09 pm

NH2W here,
I had much better luck with SU after d/l'ing latest version of SU and allowing needed programs and executables in Windows firewall and AVG free anti-virus. But I'm not quite there yet.

Yellow in SU:
@TASCAC this after multiple attempts to update.
All other folders are green

After several attempts I haven't figured out how to enter the server pw in SU.

I'm totally unfamiliar with beta patches. Will SU do this by ticking Beta in the upper LH corner under the Home tab and if not where is a good place to d/l? Is the latest one all that is needed?

On launching the game I get this pop-up:
addon 'anders_c_gear_ace' requires addon 'ace_c_men_sounds'

I am able to connect with TS3

Looking forward to joining the server at some point and showing everyone how this game is not meant to be played.
Thanks, 2w aka wombat50
wombat50

PreviousNext

Return to ARMA :: Main Forum

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts