Welcome Anonymous !

Alpha Squad US TeamSpeak Viewer

SIX Updater

General discussion about ARMA, the OFP successor.

Re: SIX Updater

Postby Splint » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Robolo you really need to keep yoma updated until everone is onboard. I'm still having trouble with missing ace 2 files I,m not sure if it because of my old shortcut or because the servers aren't updated or because su fricked something up because I don't know how to use it. ;mg ;55
Splint

Postby Buehgler_AS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Folks, I think there is some confusion here. US1 (to the best of my knowledge) is still running the "old" (pre SIX-Updater) setup. EU1 is running the new SIX-Updater based setup.

I hope/presume that once we get over the teething pains of SIX-Updater that we will again have both servers synchronized, and everyones download/updating burden will be significant reduced.

Splinta seems to have had permissions issues with the updater. Running it as administrator seems to have allowed it to actually download files properly (we will see, he is currently downloading now).
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby [NH]4X » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:56 pm

I went to provided link,and am confused as to which version to DL...the 2.0 version? or beta 1 version ? or beta 2 version?
[NH]4X

Postby Robalo_AS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Splint_AS wrote:in my userconfig my ace folder now has a long string of numbers after it and I now have three tasm folders and two of them have long strings of numbers after them. I'm sure if I look arond I'll find more of this. Whats it about Rob?

Read step 7. They're backups of your userconfig folders.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Robalo_AS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:02 pm

Splint_AS wrote:ok, gave it my best shot, now I will need someone to help me through six updater as I simply have limited time with school and as I am a slow learner I dwon't have the time to get comletely familiar with this thing. however if more players are wanted I will need someones step by step help. I will reside on ts until someone has the time.

There are step by step instructions in first post. Where are you getting stuck ?
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Robalo_AS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:30 pm

[NH]4X wrote:I went to provided link,and am confused as to which version to DL...the 2.0 version? or beta 1 version ? or beta 2 version?

Hey 4X, glad to see you around. Just check the date on there and grab the newest please.
Let us know how this goes and hop on TS for support.
Updated download link in first post.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Grunt_AS » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:13 am

Ok...I give up!!! Six updater, according to my results, is a piece of...^%$#. It just closes out in an error box every time I select the AS server, Then each subsequent restart of the updater results in a program crash as soon as it tries to load the AS server info. I have re-installed the said piece of fecal matter 4 times now and get the same time wasting result...are we having fun yet..... ;banana.
Grunt_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Sickboy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:12 am

Grunt_AS wrote:Ok...I give up!!! Six updater, according to my results, is a piece of...^%$#. It just closes out in an error box every time I select the AS server, Then each subsequent restart of the updater results in a program crash as soon as it tries to load the AS server info. I have re-installed the said piece of fecal matter 4 times now and get the same time wasting result...are we having fun yet..... ;banana.

If you supply the logfiles I will fix it immediately; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Support
Sickboy

Postby Sickboy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:35 am

In any case, I believe the issue should be solved in the latest available App update (released an hour ago). Restart the software for auto-self-update to complete.
Sickboy

Postby Grunt_AS » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:17 pm

I am at work now... I posted this last night after trying and failing miserably to test it out. I pasted the error info to my desktop in a text file and was going to fire it off to someone when I ungrumpified myself... lol. I will try the lastet edition of said software. No garauntee of a grumpy old fart rant it it does not work as advertized though... ;)
Grunt_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Sickboy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:22 am

No worries - hopefully all is well now - otherwise I gladly jump on any issues you might experience :)
Sickboy

Postby Grunt_AS » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:30 pm

So...last night I unistalled the older Six and installed the latest version of Six. I then forced the server sync to show all 800+ servers and found Alpha EU1 and saved it as a preset. Now for some reason Six will not find my ArmA install (Steam) so I had to put the path in by copiying it in the path box. I also added my current mod string to the mod string box. So....I then click to covert to Six updater and it grinds away for a while...then I get an error saying the Six Updater console has stopped working. The program is still running though...as in it does not crash completely as it was before. Again...I left the message on my system at home in a text file so I do not have the crash info at hand. If I remember to bring it to work after lunch I will post that info. I have to be doing something wrong...or out of order...or something that is pissing Six off...lol. I do know I am now out of sync with the server at it booted me off for not having the right files.... ;banana
Grunt_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Sickboy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Thanks. If the path is not detected you do not have valid arma2 / arma2oa registry entries.
Normally they appear in registry afaik after first reboot after Steam's arma installation.

If you have Combined Ops seperate installation you'll have to manually select the Combined Ops Profile up in the top for it to be detected as such - planning to improve that.

Im sure once we got the logs we'll figure out where the convert went wrong and i'll fix it asap.
The full log files are @ http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Upda ... og%20files
After convert you'll have to run an action with "Install or Update" to update the mods to the latest version on the network or AlphaSquad's custom repository.
Sickboy

Postby Robalo_AS » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:30 pm

EU1 is temporarily down for maintenance. In the mean time, EU2 is up - same procedure: create a preset from it, then update and join. You don't need to bother with mod strings with Six Updater, it takes care of that if you join through it.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Grunt_AS » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Hmm...this almost sounds like a complete Arma2 reinstall to me if the registry items are not correct.
Grunt_AS
--------------
--------------

PreviousNext

Return to ARMA :: Main Forum

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts