[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Alpha Squad • View topic - AlphaSquad Dedicated Servers

Welcome Anonymous !

Alpha Squad US TeamSpeak Viewer

AlphaSquad Dedicated Servers

General discussion about ARMA, the OFP successor.

Re: AlphaSquad Dedicated Servers

Postby kklownboy_AS » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:50 pm

;badnade

hmmmmm :cfp:
Visualising the individual bitplanes of hashing-functions
kklownboy_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Firefly_AS » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:20 pm

Alive up-to-date and on Arma3Sync.
Tools: | | | |
Firefly_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:16 am

Side note: ASR_AI needs to be replaced with the current public release or we need to add the 500MB of CAF characters.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:02 pm

So here is what is about to happen. After much debate with myself, and some with others. I'm going to break everything and basically reset us here. The specific challenge is simply I don't have the time to sort all the awesomeness that Rob did over the years.

What I need to do, is simply start over. This way both myself and hopefully Firefly at least, know what's what. And things should be very serviceable going forward, after we do this. So, right off the bat here, today we are going to reset with the following:

ArmA 3 RC Branch
@CBA
@ACRE
@ASR_AI
@RHS (all 3, AFRF,USF,GREF,)

You should not really have to anything more than, turn things off right now.

I'll be loading up a DAC mission that is functional and fun later in the day for Tanoa. Anything else that was working, should still work, bar our persistent mission. And regarding that one specifically, we will start a new one of those on the 12th of next month, as we can't get it beforehand.

In between now and then, we will replace the critical pieces of the mod with new code where needed, and I'll add weapons and gizmos back in pretty quickly. Again this is more about organizational/productivity things. Wish Rob was still here, but we'll manage.

;mg
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:04 pm

If you object, you have about 30mins to post your objection. Otherwise, you'll have to come find me in the jungle. We can duke it out there.

;banana
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:45 pm

Server is running the above configuration. Again all you should need to do is be running RC, and unload/remove some mods. The preview/zues mission is working on Tanoa now. Will be updating the mission foo through the day here and there.

Currently only one known error on the client side. Server is clear and restarts automagically if needed again.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby kklownboy_AS » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:02 pm

with the 1.62RC branch on the server now you will need to change your install over to the 1.62RC.

quick info;

"Arma3Update162RC" this is the code.

In your Steam, go to your ARMA 3 property's, choose the "Betas" tab, opt in to "Apex_Sneak_preview"

then enter this access code; Arma3Update162RC
kklownboy_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:50 pm

As a safety measure, in Steam disable automatic updating for ArmA. This is not an issue for me because I use the game updater. But that is not something I expect all you guys to have installed (inside the A3 tools).

So yep, just disable it for now (they snuck a 5.3GB download in yesterday). Though, we have revive now! ;mg

OH! And TODAY and TODAY ONLY! 85% off all OFP/ARMA Titles during the anniversary sale!!! If ever you wanted an extra copy, get it now! I'm getting another for the server.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Burton_AS » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:34 pm

I started updating yesterday. 1.92gb via armasync-repo and 8gb via steam...
So question is. Do I take the 5.3gb update today?
/Burton

downloading... :pilot:
"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"
Burton_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:57 pm

Yes, you can. Exactly as stated above.

Additionally, be sure to update your TS3 client (and yes today's).

Sidenote: You can not stop the workshop foo, that is annoying. If you don't launch ArmA via Steam, it doesn't update, if you selected the proper option. Unknown to many, you can actually obtain 'specific revisions' from Steam if needed.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby kklownboy_AS » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:29 pm

I can not find a option that will stop updates. And I know were all the options are...
Only a choice to "update when launching" instead of auto-update, or High priority update.

I guess i could limit downloads in my global download settings, to a certain time, like 2am to 2am?

:cfp:
kklownboy_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:51 pm

When such option is selected, Steam will not update the game unless it is launched through Steam itself. The use of Arma3Sync or external launch methods do not invoke the update process. /endMysticalScenario
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Gentlemen, I started working on reintegrating mods. And what better place to start than with the letter "A"? I don't know honestly. But in addition to the mods added, I have also turned signatures back on. Hopefully this will prevent unwarranted errors, and also ensure everyone is sorted properly. Might also cause a brief headache, but I'm here to help make you feel better.

Mods Added:
@ALIVE
@ace3comp

Some mission tweaks coming in a few hours. ;mg
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:43 am

“That’s what I’ve been – I say, that’s what I’ve been telling you, boy!”
Splint

PreviousNext